- Responds to calls for service and deploys canine partners in criminal pursuits, searches, tracks, apprehensions, and drug operations.
- Maintains certification through North American Police Work Dog Association.
- Responsible for the continuous training, maintenance, and boarding of canine partners as well as his/her own physical fitness.
- Thoroughly knowledgeable regarding North Carolina General Statutes, agency policy, and current case law as applicable to law enforcement canines.
- Completes and documents rigorous monthly training requirements including obedience, tracking, evidence searches, building searches, aggression control, area searches, and narcotics identification.
- Assists local, state, and federal agencies as requested.