- Protects the citizens of Forsyth County.
- Patrols assigned areas, enforcing motor vehicle and criminal laws of North Carolina based on general statutes.
- Responds to calls for service, answers complaints and requests for assistance, provides emergency assistance.
- Gathers and preserves evidence, makes arrests, and testifies in court.
- Prepares reports on criminal activities and services rendered to the community.
- Cooperates with law enforcement personnel of other governmental agencies in investigations and arrests.